Comment to 'Drawn Mask Covers entire Screen What am I missing?'
  • You have to have changed something.

May be you changed the mode (exclusive, inclusive,) or the composing of masks (union, intersection...)

Or may be you have created a Ptah independent of the module and have not applied it to a module.

Paths and modules are independent, you can create a path and apply it to several modules.

If you create the path under the module mask (at the right) it is automatically applied to that module, and selects the interior.

Be sure there are selected figures in the module mask.

• I finally figured out how to get the mask to behave the way I want it to. Look at the screenshot...in my browser, I have to right-click --> "open image in new tab" since this website scales the pictures down so much.

Anyways in the upper left there's a slider for "Mask Opacity" and that is somehow set to ~13%. I just moved the slider to 100% and that took care of it.

I'm pretty sure the "Mask Opacity" in the upper left is totally unrelated to the "Mask Opacity" that's found in "Mask Refinement" section of the module (right sidebar).

• I'm pretty sure the "Mask Opacity" in the upper left is totally unrelated to the "Mask Opacity" that's found in "Mask Refinement" section of the module (right sidebar).

There are several opacities here, the masking logic is really messy.

You have shapes, drawn from several methods (circle, ellipse, path, pen), that get aggregated in groups (possibly using boolean operations) to define masks. Groups can themselves be aggregated in hierarchical groups. The highest level of mask group is the module level, which is targeted by the opacity slider you see in the masking options (refinement) in the module. While the global opacity slider in the header toolbar targets the group to which the currently-selected shape belongs.

The joys and wonders of multi-layered masking code hacked again every 2 years since 2014 to avoid a anxiety-triggering rewrite…